Skip to main content block
:::
History
    *    
    *
    *
    * Shun-Jhih 18 (A.D. 1661), to establish a base where he could take over Qing Dynasty and restore the Ming, Yanping King Koxinga traveled east and landed in Anping. He expelled the Dutch who had been ruling Taiwan for 38 years. On May 2nd, he changed the name of Taiwan to Dongdu-Mingjing, established one government office and two counties. Under the government office, there were the Tian-sing and the Wan-nian Counties; Mi-tuo Township belonged to Wan-nian County.
    *
    * In August of 1664 or Kang-Si 9 in the Qing Dynasty, Emperor Jing Zheng entered Taiwan, renamed Dongdu to Dongning, and promoted Tian-sing and Wan-nian from counties to states, whose borders stayed the same. Thus the township became Wan-nian State.
    *
    * In 1684 or Kang-Si 23 of the Qing Dynasty, Fujian Province was separated into one government office and three counties, which were Taiwan Government Office, Taiwan County, Jhu-luo County, and Fong-shan County. The township belonged to Fong-shan County, Fujian Province, Taiwan Government Office.
    *
    * In 1731 or Yong-Zheng 9, the divisions became one government office, four counties, and two government halls. The town still belonged to Fong-shan County of Taiwan Government Office.
    *
    * In 1875 or Guang-Xu 1, administrative regions in Taiwan were once again changed to two government offices, eight counties, and four government halls. The town was still belonged to Mi-tuo Harbor Village, Fong-shan County, Taiwan Government Office.
    *
    * In 1887 or Guang-Xu 13, Fujian and Taiwan were separated to individual provinces. In August of the same year, Taiwan's first governor Ming-Chuan Liu separated Taiwan Province into three government offices and one state of direct administration. Taipei Government Office stayed the same and it was placed with four counties and one government hall; Taiwan Government Office was set up in mid-Taiwan as the head Government Office, where there were four counties and one government hall. In southern Taiwan, the old Taiwan Government Office was changed to Tainan Government Office with three counties and one government hall. The township belonged to Mi-tuo Harbor Village, Fong-shan County, Tainan Government Office.
    *
    * In 1895 or Guang-Xu 21 (Meiji 28 in Japan), after China lost the First Sino-Japanese War, Taiwan, Penghu Islands were ceded to Japan per the Treaty of Shimonoseki. The administrative regions were changed to three counties, one government hall, and seven government hall branches. The township belonged to Mi-tuo Harbor Village, Fong-shan Government Hall Branch, Tainan County. Due to the resistance of the volunteer soldiers, the Japanese government was not able to settle down and thus had difficulty implementing policies. As a result, martial law was in effect. And on August 25th, besides Taipei County and Penghu Government Hall, Taiwan and Tainan Counties were called Civil Affairs Branch Departments. Under the counties, government hall branches were established; under each branch department, division offices were also set up. The administrative region of the township was once again changed to Mi-tuo Harbor Village, Fong-shan Division Office, Tainan Civil Affairs Branch Department.
    *
    * In March of 1896 or Guang-Xu 22 (Meiji 29), democracy was restored and the administrative regions were changed again to three counties, one government hall, and twelve government hall branches. The township was belonged to Mi-tuo Harbor Village, Fong-shan Government Hall Branch, Tainan County.
    *
    * On May 27th of 1897 or Guang-Xu 23 (Meiji 30), the Japanese once again changed the regions to six counties, three government halls, and 78 branch offices. The township belonged to Mi-tuo Harbor Village, A-gong-dian Branch Office, Fong-shan County.
    *
    * On May 27th of 1897 or Guang-Xu 23 (Meiji 30), the Japanese once again changed the regions to six counties, three government halls, and 78 branch offices. The township belonged to Mi-tuo Harbor Village, A-gong-dian Branch Office, Fong-shan County.
    *
    * On May 1st, 1901 (Meiji 34), Hengchuan Branch Office of Tainan County was eliminated and Hengchuan Government Hall was added for three counties and four government halls. On November 11th of the same year, local administrative offices were reformed to a two-grade system. At the same time, counties and branches were all eliminated, and Taiwan was divided up into 20 government halls with branch government halls. The township was then belonged to Mi-tuo Harbor Village, Ren-shou-shang District, A-gong-dian Government Hall Branch, Fong-shan Government Hall.
    *
    * In October of 1909 or Siuan-Tong 1 (Meiji 42), the administrative regions were once again changed from the original 20 government halls to 12 government halls with branch government halls. The township became to be belonged to Mi-tuo Harbor Region, Ren-shou-shang District, A-gong-dian Government Hall Branch, Tainan Government Hall.
    *
    * In July of 1920 (Taisho 9), local system was reformed, government halls were abolished to be states while a street and city system was implemented. There are five states and two government halls in the country. On October 1st, due to land reform, administrative region was changed from Mi-tuo Harbor Region, Ren-shou-shang District, Tainan Government Hall to Mi-tuo Village, Gangshan Township, Kaohsiung State.
    *
    * In 1933 (Showa 8), the original Wei-ren Creek (A-gong-dian Creek) flew through Old Harbor Village of the township and made the turn in the north via today's Yung-an Township Office as it finally exited to the sea from Sing-da Harbor, separating Yung-an to an east and a west village. Thus, Yung-an people had a phrase of “cross creek”. Since the river canal made a 90-degree turn northeast of Old Harbor Village as it continued northward, the Gangshan region was often encountered with flooding and disasters. As a result, a powerful figure in Gangshan, Mr. Fu Yang, actively appealed the Japanese government to straighten the river canal and allow it to flow directly to Taiwan Strait so that the floods in Ganghsan region would be resolved. At the same time, Da-zhi Old Harbor Section and South Half Section were merged to be Yan-cheng section.
    *
    * In 1934, the commonly called residents of Da-shan were in great danger due to years of erosion of ocean waves. As a result, Da-shan residents emigrated to today's national residential area of West Ocean Tail and Six Houses, which were merged into today's Ocean Tail Village.
    *
    * In 1937 (Showa 12), the Japanese government built the Gangshan Navy Airport by evening out today's Chunghua Road inside the township. As a result, the town people who wished to go to Gangshan would need to circle around Shih-luo Lake, Hou-sie, and 180 degrees around the airport to reach the destination. This had extremely great impact on the overall development of the township, and had even urged the Shih-luo Lake people to reconstruct Gangshan.
    *
    * In 1973 (Showa 18), due to the development of Gangshan Navy Airport, Shih-luo Lake inside the township had some section changes. And on October 1st of the same year, the administrative region of Shih-luo Lake was changed to Shih-luo Lake, Gangshan Street, Gangshan Township.
    *
    * On August, 15th, 1945 (Showa 20), Japan declared unconditional surrender to the world. Kuomintang Government took over Taiwan on October 25th. The administrative regions were changed to 16 counties, 5 provincial cities, 1 bureau. The township was belonged to Mi-tuo Township, Gangshan District, Kaohsiung County.
    *
    * In 1949, more than 50 families resided at the four districts southeast of the village San-dian-shan, the original name of Sin-wen-an inside the township made their living on fishing. Unfortunately, houses in the village were all washed away during a sudden invasion of the ocean waves; the people were homeless and desperate in need of assistance. Then a gentlemen from Tainan City, Mr. Shou-Ling Chang learned about the incident and generously donated more than 19,400 square meters of land in Yan-cheng Section. The town people finally were able to have a place to settle down, and it was also where the name Sin-wen-an (literally meaning new cultural security) come from. Now it's become Wen-an Village inside Mi-tuo Township.
    *
    * On April 22nd, 1950, the government announced the county and city in Taiwan Province that Gangshan District belonged to will be change to Kaohsiung County. On March 20th, per local Yung-an people's request, Yung-an, Yung-hua, Wei-sin, Wu-hua, and Yan-tian, the six villages that are located north of A-gong-dian Creek from the township were combined to become Yung-an Township.
    *
    * On April 21st, 1951, per the request of people in Zhi-guan region on dividing up the township. 13 villages of Zih -sin, Zih -yi, Zih-he Jhih-ping, Jhong-lun, An-cuo, Da-she, Chih-kan, Chih-dong, Chih-si, Jhih-ke, Sin-ke, Cie-dian from the township were combined to become Zih-guan Township.
    *
    * On June 22nd, 1953, due to the adjustment of administrative regions, Mi-jing Village from the township was divided to two villages of Mi-jing and Ming-ren. Mi-tuo was divided into two villages of Mi-tuo and Mi-shou. 
    *
    *
    * *
    :::